Sunday, October 08, 2006

Brick, stone, fireplace, and eating bar (taken 10/4/06)

Brick is just about done and stone is getting started. It's starting to look like a house (at least from the outside).












We got the bar stool frames installed and the steps built. There will be 7 seats total.






This is my attempt at taming the wiring beast in the server room. I decided there was too much wire to bring down into structured wiring cans in the wall so I built this manifold out of OSB, 4" PVC pipe, and toilet flanges. This comes out of the ceiling in the server room and will penetrate the drywall of the ceiling. I'm going to put some 4" PVC couplers on the ends post drywall to give it a cleaner look. The idea is to come down here into racks, cans, punchdown blocks, whatever. You can also see I've pulled the wire all up into the attic to protect it during sheetrock and painting. I'll drop it through the pipes when I'm ready to start trimming out the home automation systems.



Fireplace is in now as well. We're getting very close to ready for insulation and sheetrock.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a bloody mess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home